- There are 111 furnished rooms (79 single apartments and 32 shared 2-rooms) with bath, WC, kitchen and partly with balcony available.
- Five barrier-free rooms for visually impaired students.
- Built 1986, completely renovated in 2019
- Common rooms and inner courtyard for leisure activities
- The residential complex is located 2.5 km from the Essen campus of the UDE.
- Good connection to public transport and shopping facilities in the surrounding area.
- Note: For a place in the shared 2-rooms, you must apply for a "Wohnberechtigungsschein*".
* With a "Wohnberechtigungsschein", you have the opportunity to move into state-subsidised housing. To do this, you must prove that your income is below a certain limit; at the NRW level, your income is at a total annual income of 19.350 € for an individual household. The entitlement must be applied for at the Einwohneramt of the city of Essen.
* Exemplary pictures (The rooms are rented without decorative items.)
- Single apartment
- Single apartment
Room in shared 2-bed apartment
Room size12 m²Rent incl. electricity, heating, water and internet227,40 €Furniture
- Bed with a matress (90 cm)
- Roll container
- Shared kitchen
- Fridge with freezer
- Cupboards for dishes
- Shared bathroom
- Mirror with shelf
- Shower with glass wall
Possibility for TV reception
How can I apply?
If you have received your admission document, you can apply for a room on our online portal. We show you how to do this here.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply without a valid enrolment document or admission letter.
Applicants for degree programmes that are not subject to admission restrictions can apply without an admission letter.
Is there a deadline for applications?
No. You can generally apply any time after enrolling successfully or receiving an admission letter. However, the sooner we receive your application, the better chance you will have.
Rooms are rented out all year round. The tenancy agreements generally begin at the start of the semester, e.g. 01.03/01.04 or 01.09./01.10 of a year.
What criteria are used for allocating places?
We process applications in the order they arrive. Please note that we do not have a waiting list for specific residences. The sooner you apply online, the better your chances of being allocated the accommodation of your choice.
What happens after I’ve made my application?
As soon as a room is free, we send you an offer by email. More detailed information on the application procedure is available here.
Note: We save your application for twelve months from the date of application. Every month, you automatically receive a reminder email in which you have to click to renew your application. If you do not update your application within this period, it is subsequently deleted and you will have to make a new application.
first level support
|Mon||10:00 am||-||01:00 pm|
|Tue||03:00 pm||-||06:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am||-||01:00 pm|
|Thu||03:00 pm||-||06:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am||-||01:00 pm|