No matter what kind of problem you are dealing with, our advice service is open to all students at the University of Duisburg-Essen, the Folkwang University of the Arts and the Ruhr West University of Applied Sciences.
The STUDIERNDENWERK's social service is your point of contact for important information on all aspects of your life as a student and offers advice, support and encouragement in difficult situations. The service is provided free of charge and all consultations are confidential. It is also possible to talk English during the consultation.
We offer information and advice on the follwing aspects:
- Student loans, employment, child maintenance, scholarships
- Social benefits (child allowance, housing benefit)
- Social insurance (health, care, pension and unemployment insurance)
- Financial hardship
- Social benefits (parental allowance, child allowance, unemployment benefit, Mother and Child Foundation)
- Special arrangements (leaves of absence, exams, BAföG funding extensions)
- Residence regulations and issues
- Health insurance, employment
- Special relief funds and scholarships
- Financial hardship
- Special compensation arrangements
- Hardship provisions
- Means of support
Who can go to the consultation?
Is the consultation confidential and free of charge?
Yes, our advice is free of charge and subject to confidentiality. The last of course applies to universities, all authorities and other third parties.
How do I make an appointment?
Twice a week we offer an open consultation (Thu 11:00 am - 01:00 pm), which you can attend without appointment. Here we clarify your request and arrange further appointments if necessary.
In addition, you can make an appointment with us in Essen or Duisburg via e-mail or telephone.
How soon can I get an appointment?
For an initial contact, our weekly open consultation hour (Thu 11:00 am - 01:00 pm) is always at your disposal.
Otherwise, we will usually inform you of an appointment as soon as possible so that you do not have to wait longer than 30 days for a consultation.
How is a consultation held?
At the beginning of each consultation, we clarify your concerns together and agree on consultation goals. We support you with current problems and help you to sort out your situation and reorient yourself.
Thu 11:00 am - 13:00 pm
We also offer arrangements by appointment.
Consultation is also possible in English.